Friday, November 18, 2016

Lettering test

Hi friends!  I've been struggling to choose a title font for the Soul Cutter re-release. I waffle between a standard, straight font and one that looks a bit Middle Eastern. Dark Fantasy books use both plain font and decorative font. Although the  book is horror, horror-style fonts really don't work with the new "fantasy" type cover.

So do me a favor and look at the cover images and let me know your top choices and give any feedback you want or send comments to laura.6eg@gmail.com

(Yes, there are 12 ... Sorry...)

Thanks!


#2
#1
#3















#4















#5
#6















#7
#8


















#9















#10
























#11
#12


3 comments:

  1. I like 3 the best. I definitely don't like the ones with sparkles in them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm voting for #1 for color as the gold is a nice contrast against the other colors that work together for the cover, but you want your title to really stand out. Gold does that perfectly. Now when it comes to font style, I really like #3. Could we see what that looks like in gold?

    ReplyDelete