Saturday, February 6, 2016

-- For Pro-Novelists :)

Just FYI, several betas thought Bloodwalker was a Mystery/Thriller. One (Graeme Ing of Untethered Realms) thought it was an Urban Fantasy/Mystery. Since I know horror generally sells badly, I'm willing to go the Mystery/Thriller route or even bill it as UF. 

Cover standards are very different. Horror covers are dark and ominous, often with blood or a scary face on them. Thriller covers are rather dull colored with a landscape or symbolic "thing" (like a bird or a gun)  in the center and HUGE GIANT letters for the title and author's name.  Fantasy is multi-colored and "pretty."  I happen to prefer landscape-ish ones with some background depth, but I've made a bit of everything. :)

Here they are - all 9.  Any and all feedback is great.  Be as tough as you like.  I don't need the type of fluffy kudos we give other authors who have sucky covers.  If these don't work, I can design others.

And I'm even test running a poll at the bottom - so try and see if it works. 

#1
#2




#3
#4


#5

#6
#7
#8

#9












1 comment:

  1. I voted for number two because that was far and away my favorite. MY second choice was number 1, but I dislike the teeth on the clown's face. If you go with that one, consider getting rid of or obscuring the teeth.

    ReplyDelete